We Work To Minimize the Impact That a Drunk Driving Charge Has on Your Life
Raleigh & Asheville DWI Defense Attorneys
An arrest for drunk driving can curtail your mobility, put a blemish on your record, and – depending on the severity of your charge – potentially put you behind bars.
When you need a skilled defense lawyer — when only the help of accomplished legal professionals will give you the hope you need to go on — you should speak with the law offices of Fay & Grafton.
We know how to negotiate behind the scenes and litigate in court to effectively protect your rights when a drunk driving charge jeopardizes your freedoms, finances and future. We know the challenges you face — especially pertaining to your North Carolina driving privileges, which you need to get to your job, so you can continue to provide for your family.
We look at every layer of a DWI case: the reason for the stop, the scope of the stop, probable cause to arrest, breath or blood testing, chain of custody, post arrest violations – a DWI case can turn on the smallest of issues.
Why Choose Fay & Grafton To Defend You?
Fay & Grafton has represented hundreds of clients on DWI charges in North Carolina
William Fay has focused his training and research on this area of law, including:
- Certified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in Standardized Field Sobriety Test administration.
- Course teacher for Law Review CLE to other practicing attorneys on how to properly defend a DWI.
- Presenter on understanding and attacking horizontal gaze nystagmus (HGN), which is the primary field test used by officers in gauging impairment.
- Featured in a round table discussion on DWI Defense in Raleigh for the Wake County Academy of Criminal Trial Lawyers.
- Conducted controlled drinking exercises to teach practicing attorneys the proper ways to conduct Standardized Field Sobriety Testing.
At Fay & Grafton, we use the facts of your case to bargain persuasively with prosecutors and litigate against them if necessary. We know how important your North Carolina driver’s license is to you.
Start to finish, we offer frequent updates on the status of your case and maximum availability during every phase so that your sudden concerns or questions can be fully and promptly addressed.
To learn more, contact us today by booking an appointment or calling our offices during normal business hours.